Thank you so much for joining the Lights On! program. You are joining a program that includes over 115 law enforcement agencies and over 200 auto shops to give out repair vouchers to drivers with burned out bulbs. These vouchers lead to safer cars on the road, help heal police and community relations, and, by avoiding tickets, prevent a ripple effect that can seriously affect the financial stability of low-income drivers.
This program could not exist without the generosity of our auto shop partners. Your participation is a great way for auto shops to give back to their communities and build goodwill. More information is below.
About Your Partnership
The Lights On! program is not intended to be a sales opportunity; however, although this is not something we can promise, numerous participating auto centers have told us that their involvement in Lights On! has translated into increased business. The Lights On! program is solely for the purpose of serving our communities.
Involvement in Lights On! is a simple process for you. All you need to do is replace or repair a bulb and we will cover your costs.
Overview of Terms of Agreement
The Auto Service Provider Agrees To:
- Be a full-service auto repair shop that offers repairs beyond just the replacement of bulbs when necessary.
- Provide service to anyone who arrives at its service station with a Lights On! voucher, in as timely a manner as possible, and with no appointment required.
- Replace their problem bulb at agreed-upon rates (see rates below).
- Do no up-selling for additional services (basic safety inspections are fine).
- If the vehicle owner requests additional service, then that service can be completed during that visit and the vehicle owner is billed for that service only.
- In some cases, the repairs require more time and parts than just a simple bulb change. With these situations, LightsOn! will pay up to $250 for those light-related repairs. If the light repairs will cost more than $250, Lights On! will pay for the first $250 and the driver will be responsible for any additional costs.
- If for some reason the customer returns shortly after getting the bulb replaced claiming that the bulb doesn’t work, you will need to determine what the problem is and correct the problem, including the installation of a new bulb if necessary. You will agree to treat these situations as a warranty issue and not bill Lights On! any additional fees (unless the vehicle has an electrical system problem causing bulbs to fail).
- Invoices, driver surveys, and vouchers are to be stapled together and mailed (or scanned & emailed) to theMicroGrants office for payment. You are welcome to send them in batches. MicroGrants/LightsOn! will issue a check to the auto service provider within 7 days of receipt.
- Used Lights On! vouchers are to be mailed to MicroGrants/Lights On!. These are critical for law enforcementtracking. You can include the Lights On! surveys that you have collected in this mailing.
- Participation in the Lights On! program is voluntary and MicroGrants/Lights On! reserves the right to suspend theparticipation of any auto center that fails to meet the conditions of this agreement.
Lights On!/MicroGrants Agrees To:
Pay the auto service provider at the following rates:
- Small Bulbs (tail lights, turn signals, and brake lights) – $5.00
- Large Bulbs (headlights) – $15.00
- For cars requiring a special, more expensive bulb – 10% markup on price
- Other parts: harnesses, assemblies, etc – 10% markup on price
- Small Bulbs – $10.00
- Large Bulbs – $20.00
- For repairs requiring more than 0.3 hours: $100 per hour x hours listed per labor guide (this is a discounted rate specific for Lights On!)